DescriptionThe Senior Open Systems Performance Engineer conducts performance analysis for Open Systems platforms. The role is key to Capacity Management enabling supply/demand, trend analyses and proactive capacity planning recommendations to mitigate risk and rationalize the optimal amount of hardware, software and network resources to meet business needs, service level requirements and IT infrastructure growth capacity. This ensures the optimization of the environment; work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Job Description Summary
The Senior Open Systems Performance Engineer conducts performance analysis for Open Systems platforms. The role is key to our Capacity Management team. Responsibilities include:
- Provide Performance analysis for open systems compute (non-mainframe)
- Provide guidance for the monitoring of our environment’s performance and create processes for addressing issues and managing performance
- Perform analyses to identify performance trends and produce procedures for proactively addressing to avoid issues
- Develop relationships with key IT areas that optimize the environment
- Key technologies include ESX, Windows Server, Linux (Redhat, Oracle, SUSE), HP’s performance and monitoring suite, and SolarWinds.
- Cloud Providers and Technologies are desired
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt to any situation and audience
This role ensures the optimization of the environment; work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Open Systems Performance Engineer ensures that performance analysis is performed for a variety of platforms and environments. Serves as a subject matter expert to application development, systems administration and engineering and other technical and business staff to understand, resolve, or avoid performance related issues in the environment. Develops, maintains, recommends, documents and supports tools and backend utilities to provide performance management. Facilitates the development of policies to ensure that existing performance standards are relevant and being met. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Experience integrating new technologies with existing technologies
- Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Healthcare industry experience
- Masters degree
- Experience managing major projects from end to end
- ITIL Certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours40