UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role you will be part of a team of other developers, business analysts and system analysts. You will work with team analysts and business customers to review requirements and create innovative solutions for existing and new applications. You will work independently as well as on small development teams using agile methods to build and test your solutions. You will mentor other developers on the team and help drive best practices. Your designs and solutions will be deployed to environments that are often utilized by the entire enterprise.
- Lead direction and development on projects
- Design solutions for business based on their requests
- Work independently and lead team discussions to identify solutions for a set of business requirements
- Build solutions using the latest technologies based on design documents for existing and new applications
- Review designs and solutions of others for quality and best practice
- Assist in the planning and deployment of solutions
- Act as a lead technical resource to others and develop expertise in your specific area
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives
- 3+ years .Net development experience
- 3+ year SQL experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Web design experience
- Web Services development experience
- Agile methodologies experience
- Cloud-based development (Azure, OpenShift)
- Experience developing with a CMS platform
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: .Net, lead, senior, software engineer, application developer, web services, cloud, eden prairie, MN, SQL, agile, Azure, OpenShift, CMS, web design, web development, web developer