Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by
educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping
them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on
track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives
in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on
our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation
This position will be responsible for managing all new referrals, patient entry, authorizations, insurance calls to MM and PBM payers, assisting with scheduling of HHNs, processing prescriptions, inventory management assistance and patient calls for financial discussions, refill info and collection of required signed docs.
- Working with referral sources (i.e.. hospitals, doctors offices, and insurance companies) to qualify patients for Home Infusion Therapy services
- May included identifying nursing staffing needs
- Collab with internal and external staffing
- Working with sales team to support their branch goals
- Resolve Customer Service inquiries which could include:
- Entering notifications and Providers' status of an existing inquiry, and determining if follow-up is required
- Provide excellent Customer Service to both Providers and members
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Assist with faxes and emails
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Healthcare experience
- High volume experience using computers
- Experience working with Medicare / Medicare Part B and D and / or Medicaid Services
- Infusion Therapy and Home health experience with specific proficiency in infusion therapy
- Professional experience with Medical Terminology
- Experience in areas of Insurance Benefits
- Experience in using Microsoft Windows based PC skills including Excel (ability to create spreadsheets, sort and filter data) and Outlook (ability to draft professional emails, use spell check and the outlook calendar)
- CPR operating system
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Healthcare