Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Assist with the development and execution of a clearly defined nurse staffing strategy that supports patient care and established business practice
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the Plan of Care
- Assure the continuity of care through scheduling and tracking systems
- Provide effective communication to patient / family team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by documentation, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations
- Notify clinical staff of schedule changes as they occur.
- Monitor cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provide accurate data in compliance with Performance Improvement tracking
- Comply with administrative policies to ensure quality of care
- Compose and maintain the Field Nurse On - Call Schedule
- Enter and confirm nursing visits within 24 hours of completed visits and initiates billing tickets with the appropriate information
- Track and confirm the clinical staff's receipt of verbal orders as requested
- Demonstrate precision and efficiency in scanning documents and monitoring the fax server; retrieving and / or scanning documents and assigning to the appropriate electronic chart
- Participate in orientation (scheduling segment) of new field employees and distribute updates and changes as needed
- Manage and communicate information and service changes with internal Nurse Clinicians and agencies both internally and externally
- Develop and maintain agency database with specifications
- Establish and maintain relationships with agencies to help facilitate the timely assignment of resources and resolve potential problems
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Word to create documents and Microsoft Outlook to send and receive documents
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Ability to work 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday with some overtime as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid Services
- Experience working with ICD - 9 / ICD - 10 and CPT codes
- Home Infusion or Home Health scheduling experience
- Experience working with Healthcare Insurance
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.