Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next
career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is
seeking Senior Patient Care Coordinator who share our passion
for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health
care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to
operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality
care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in
customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact
informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have
the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits
and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and
talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge
scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The Senior Patient Care Coordinator is an unlicensed individual who assumes day-to-day responsibility for coordinating patient referrals with referral sources, Clinical Liaisons and Sales staff.
- Gathers patient information accurately and completely by utilizing appropriate templates in CPR+.
- Verifies insurance eligibility prior to processing order.
- Assembles patient’s electronic medical record accurately and completely and manages documents appropriately in CPR+.
- Process orders in a timely manner.
- Obtains necessary information according to Joint Commission (JCAHO) guidelines.
- Obtains authorization for services.
- Informs Clinical and Sales Teams of referrals and updates them on the status of the case.
- Prepares pending files by utilizing appropriate templates in CPR+
- Communicates / Coordinates referrals with outside pharmacies and referral sources
- Understands diversity of contracts to handle referrals accordingly.
- Coordinates the start of care with the patient/caregiver, referral source, and other providers of care.
- Coordinates time and initial delivery.
- Cancels pending / no-go referrals when appropriate.
- Directs patient contact involving: schedule and verify infusion appointments/drug shipments (if applicable), respond to nursing and/or customer service issues, patient financial hardships. Maintain current and accurate documentation in CPR+ / Ask AxelaCare.
- Documents patient related activities/information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Consults with direct Manager on difficult or unusual referrals, as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company information.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Gathers and ensures all necessary documentation for chart is obtained.
- Communicates effectively with Clinical Team members to assure a smooth transition from intake to start of care.
- Check electronic discharge websites for new referrals and updated information, as required (and where applicable).
- Send the initial referral email to sales / onsite to confirm receipt of the referral.
- Formulate and negotiate private pay pricing as per limitations set by company.
- Scans and appropriately label patient documents in CPR+.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience working in an Administrative or Clerical role
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm accurately
- Must be able to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence and spreadsheets in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Healthcare experience
- Available to work Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm and on-call on the weekends (on a rotation) with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Pharmacy Technician licensure
- CNA / CMA / HHA preferred
- Knowledge of CPR+ system
- Medical Terminology experience
- Hospital, Physician, or Medical Clinic experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Ability to travel for two weeks during training to Lenexa, KS
- Ability to multitask
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: UHG, Administrative Referral, Clerical, Healthcare, Optum, BriovaRx, coordinator, Irving, Texas, TX