Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
- Assist with the development and execution of a clearly defined nurse staffing strategy that supports patient care and established business practice
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the Plan of Care.
- Assures the continuity of care through scheduling and tracking systems.
- Provides effective communication to patient/family team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by documentation, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations.
- Notifies clinical staff of schedule changes as they occur.
- Monitors cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors.
- Provides accurate data in compliance with Performance Improvement tracking.
- Complies with administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Composes and maintains the Field Nurse On - Call Schedule.
- Enters and confirms nursing visits within 24 hours of completed visits and initiates billing tickets with the appropriate information.
- Tracks and confirms the clinical staffs receipt of verbal orders as requested.
- Demonstrates precision and efficiency in scanning documents and monitoring the fax server; retrieving and / or scanning documents and assigning to the appropriate electronic chart.
- Participates in orientation (scheduling segment) of new field employees and distributes updates and changes as needed.
- Manage and communicate information and service changes with internal Nurse Clinicians and agencies both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain agency database with specifications.
- Establish and maintain relationships with agencies to help facilitate the timely assignment of resources and resolve potential problems.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- May act as a resource for others.
- May coordinate others' activities.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ years Experience working within the Healthcare Industry
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (any major)
- 1+ years Home Infusion or Home Health scheduling experience
- 1+ years Experience working with Healthcare Insurance
- 1+ years Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- 1+ years Experience working with ICD-9 / ICD-10 and CPT codes
- 1+ years Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid Services
- 2+ years Experience working in a call center environment
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient - focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIg) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Home Infusion, Patient Care, UHG