You want to learn. We want to teach. Together, the result is a successful career. But first, you have to apply! Training classes start soon.
This is your chance to do more, share your knowledge with others and be amazed at what you can do. At OptumRx, we’re changing the way health care works for the better and we want motivated people like you to join us. As a Senior Pharmacy Customer Service Representative, you'll be empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.SM
In this role, you'll work to deliver resolutions on simple to complex pharmacy care related concerns. You'll also provide support to your team members by serving as a resource and subject matter expert. Both of these are opportunities for you to identify and exceed our customer expectations by committing to and building strong relationships internally and externally. This is your chance to become part of an elite team as you grow and develop at a pace that energizes your career and makes the most of your promise.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am-9:00pm Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday overtime). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 3539 Bluecutt Road, Columbus, MS 39705.
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
To learn even more about this position, hear from our other Pharmacy Customer Service Representatives. Click here to watch a short video: http://uhg.hr/pharmCSRvideo
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues in a one and done manner
- Answer incoming calls from our customers on issues related to benefit eligibility questions and prescription status inquiries
- Help guide and educate customers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums and status of orders, and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify any questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Identify issues and communicate solutions and steps to customers, pharmacies, and physicians with prescription orders and reorders
- Escalate drug related calls as appropriate to licensed pharmacist for resolution
- Coordinate internal resolution of claims exceptions and other issues to include determining appropriateness of overriding pharmacy claims edits and error messages
- Make outbound calls to customers on prescriptions withhold orders and payment issue
- May also assist with entering new prescription orders into system
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
- 1 year Customer Service Representative (CSR) experience or 1 year experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role preferred, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to multi-task duties as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, OptumRX, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Pharmacy, PBM, Pharmacy Benefit Management, inbound calls, Call Center, SME, phone support, Senior, SR