Join us today and be a part of the groundbreaking conversation taking place here at OptumRx. Training classes starting soon.
If you are looking to be empowered with the flexibility and opportunity to create change, OptumRx is the place for you. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Let's talk about what happens when a company that touches millions of lives gathers the results from millions of prescriptions filled every month and analyzes their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all of this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (SM)
The Senior Pharmacy PA / Appeals Technician (Pharmacy Technician license required) is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you’ll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently or in a team/group setting. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers and conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria when making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations
- Educate members and providers on pharmaceutical benefits and
- Partner with others to gather additional information and / or to interpret clinical guidelines
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Current California Pharmacy Technician license or National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- 1+ years experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team / group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult / advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, heatlhcare, pharmacy, technician, customer service