- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details/clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals/denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required timeframes
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
- Educate members/guardians, providers, pharmacies) on proper medication use, drug interactions, side effect management, etc.
- Partner with others to gather additional information and/or to interpret clinical guidelines; act as a resource for others
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Current Illinois Pharmacy Technician license or National Pharmacy Technician Certification is required
- 1+ years experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals required
- General PC / Computer proficiency with ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently
- 1+ years of previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician is preferred
- Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team/group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult/advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, healthcare, pharmacy, technician, customer service