Join us today and be a part of the groundbreaking conversation taking place here at OptumRx.
If you are looking to be empowered with the flexibility and opportunity to create change, OptumRx is the place for you. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide.
Let's talk about what happens when a company that touches millions of lives gathers the results from millions of prescriptions filled every month and analyzes their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all of this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Senior Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:30 AM - 6:00 PM).It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 4 Raymond Drive Ste. H, Havertown, PA, 19083
- Primary duties include patient communications
- Making calls to patients to discuss medication refill needs
- Working with patients to identify any issues with medications and connecting the call with a clinician based on need
- Working with Pharmacist to obtain timely and pertinent patient care related information
- Processing refills and delivery tickets
- Working with computers and Windows PC application including learning new and complex systems
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
- 1+ years of experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals
- 1+ years of previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook (Send emails) and Microsoft Word (create basic documents)
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work overtime and / or weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge of CPR+
- Previous adjudication experience
- Previous experience working in a call center, office, or phone support role where their primary duties included interaction with a customer/patient over the phone
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Excel (create and data entry for basic spreadsheets) to complete work assignments
- Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team / group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult / advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
There are several steps in our hiring process – it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra - competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application / job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an online pre - screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via email.
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealthGroup, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk