Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Positions in this function assist in monitoring drug inventory within pharmacy mail order computer system. Processes drug purchases, verifies shipments against invoices, follows up on discrepancies. Maintains proper storage of drug inventory. Monitors and adjusts / calibrates pharmacy equipment, fills dispensing units. Processes, packs and ships outgoing pharmacy orders. Senior Pharmacy Technician positions will require state registration / licensure as applicable.
- Coordinates staffing of floor as directed by Manager
- Understands bottle necks such as packing and productivity requirements associated with keeping line seamless
- Balances stock and communicates procurement issues to management
- Assists with testing, implementation, maintenance and optimization of automated pharmacy system
- Participates in the identification and resolution of automation system functionality issues
- Serves as the division subject matter expert and vendor liaison. Activities include: investigation of system issues and concerns from pharmacy staff; discrimination between user errors / educational needs vs. system problems; reporting system problems; communication and follow up with system vendor to ensure timely and accurate resolution to issues or concerns
- Manages and coordinates system maintenance and support, and ensures the dissemination of automation-related information as appropriate
- Participates in new employee training regarding the automation system (including, but not limited to, assist with development and maintenance of appropriate training manuals, conducting initial and ongoing training and validation of staff competency with pharmacy automation system
- Collects data for performance metrics and generates periodic management reports.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working with high volume automated solutions or in a central fill facility
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting automated control systems in an emergency and corrective maintenance capacity within a production environment
- State of IN Pharm Tech License or the ability to obtain it within 90 days of hire
- Ability to work Monday through Thursday from 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm and Fridays from 12 pm - 8:30 pm (subject to change due to business needs) and occasional Saturday shifts during periods of high volume may be required
- Knowledge of the High Volume Solutions (HVS) system software
- Understands dashboards within High Volume Solutions (HVS) system to uninduct and reinduct orders
OptumRx is an empowering place
for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of
the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a
motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior, Pharmacy Tech, Pharmacy, Administrator, Systems, HVS, Automation, Production, UHG, OptumRx, Fulfillment