There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare Cancer Care of Nevada, is committed to offering patients compassion, innovation, and high quality care. The group is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Performs all daily and monthly medical cabinet (Nucleus) duties as outlined in the medical cabinet policy and procedure manual
- Ensure standard mixing procedures are followed
- Mixes chemotherapy and other drugs accurately as ordered by physician using appropriate aseptic technique and following policies and procedures
- All chemotherapy orders must be verified with a nurse
- Mixes chemotherapy and biologics only within the biological safety cabinet (BSC) using proper aseptic technique
- Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepares IV solutions and other sterile products
- Maintains accuracy in processing orders
- Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of PPE and chemotherapy spill kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill
- Possess working knowledge of hazardous medication, including USP 797 and 800 regulations
The Senior Pharmacy Technician will work with the Lead Pharmacy Technician of Pharmacy Clean rooms, Nursing staff and Physicians to ensure clinic goals are met through determination of work load priorities to meet the clinic’s administrative, operational and support requirements. This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you’ll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently or in a team/group setting. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
- High school education or GED
- A professionally certified pharmacy technician in the State of Nevada
- 2+ years experience in IV / Chemotherapy admixture experience
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client/patient sites within a designated area
- National Certification as a Pharmacy Technician
Getting it right at OptumCare Cancer Care is just the starting point for excellence, impact and purpose in your career. Join us and take everything to another level. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CPht, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Oncology, Chemotherapy, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada