As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the pharmacy prior authorization process. Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is reimbursable.
- Interprets physician's letters of medical necessity, inputs and retrieves prescription information from computer system
- Consults with customers, patients, pharmacists and / or physicians regarding use of medications and formulary alternatives
- Reviews and approves / pends requests for prescription authorizations
- Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals and injectables; may compound medications
- Consults with customers, patients and / or physicians regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions
- Consultations may be telephonic or in person
- Reviews and approves / denies requests for prescription prior authorizations
- Enter prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
- Contacting patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of Pharmacy related experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Previous experience working with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful Pharmacy Technician license registration as required
- Available to work Tuesday - Saturday schedule (Tuesday - Friday schedule will 10:30 am - 7:00 pm CST and Saturday schedule will be 7:00 am - 3:30 pm CST)
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, UnitedHealth, Pharmacy, Technician