As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the pharmacy prior authorization process. Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is reimbursable.
- Interprets physician's letters of medical necessity, inputs and retrieves prescription information from computer system
- Consults with customers, patients, pharmacists and / or physicians regarding use of medications and formulary alternatives
- Reviews and approves / pends requests for prescription authorizations
- Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals and injectables; may compound medications
- Consults with customers, patients and / or physicians regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions
- Consultations may be telephonic or in person
- Reviews and approves / denies requests for prescription prior authorizations
- Enters prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
- Contacts patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Processes prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolves customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Works is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of Pharmacy related experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Previous experience working with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful Pharmacy Technician license registration as required
- Available to work Tuesday - Saturday schedule (Tuesday - Friday schedule will 10:30 am - 7:00 pm CST and Saturday schedule will be 7:00 am - 3:30 pm CST)
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, floor activity
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, UnitedHealth, Pharmacy, Technician