You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Proactively ensure UHC pharmacy underwriting practices / strategies are current and position company favorably vs. PBM and carrier competition.
- Coordinate underwriting pricing strategies with UHC pricing, finance and sales, as well as OptumRx where appropriate.
- Maximize competitive positioning and margin potential via Clinical, and Product (i.e. Specialty) strategies.
- Collaborate with pharmacy pricing intelligence group to ensure underwriting principles are up to date, and enable competitive positioning as well as margin retention/growth.
- Act as a pharmacy SME and engage in client / prospect specific renewals and RFP's.
- Lead efforts to maintain and embellish pharmacy underwriting manual (guidance), as well as keep current underwriter training initiatives via Rx Rates and More, training conference calls, and in person educational seminars. Also participate in sales training efforts.
- Present financial recommendations to senior management and collaborate in discussions between underwriting and sales leadership.
- Coordinate proposal and guarantee document language with other impacted areas including Legal.
- Track and report on GDR guarantees, pricing initiatives (new products/networks, tactics) on an as needed basis.
- Participate in oversight committee working directly with Senior Actuarial, UHCP Finance, Sales and Underwriting Leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree; High School Diploma/GED with equivalent experience will be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare setting: underwriting, finance, or employee benefit broker/consulting practice
- Demonstrated project management experience with strong coordination and follow-through skills (having the skillset, does not have to be a PMO or a Project Manager)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite (specifically Excel)
- Strong negotiation, financial skills
- Exposure to self-funded and / or pharmacy underwriting/financial management either with carrier or PBM
- 5+ years’ experience with Risk Management
- Diverse communication skills with both internal and external partners/customers
- Self-motivated with ability to manage and coordinate own work and that of partners
- Well-developed problem solving skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.