Department:OH1HS_63520_000 Planning & Market Research
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Senior Planning Analyst completes market analyses and business plans for Mount Carmel Health System. This person will collaborate with new business development, market research, operations, service line planning, finance, and other relevant areas. They are charged with producing objective, actionable, results-oriented information using primary and secondary data sources to support the strategic initiatives of the health system.
- Leads multidisciplinary teams and facilitates the completion of business and growth plans.
- Assists MCHS in becoming a learning organization by providing information and ongoing education about customers, competitors, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Provides consultation and support to Mount Carmel’s administration, new business development, service line planning, physicians, Trinity Health, regional development, managed care and operations as appropriate.
- Coordinates all aspects of the market share data including; reporting market trends, calculating market share, defining service areas, analyzing service lines and writing reports for senior leadership, corporate development and Trinity Health.
- Completes comprehensive marketing audits, needs assessments, utilization projections, feasibility studies and market segmentation projects as needed.
- Develops and updates competitor information and conducts competitor assessments as needed.
- Completes written analysis for capital projects.
- Responsible for the analysis of Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) market share data; Serves as primary data liaison with the Ohio Hospital Association, Business First, and Ohio Department of Health.
- Collaborates with the physician recruitment department to analyze data related to medical staff needs analysis, physician database management and other related analyses.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related area required; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: Three to five years' experience in healthcare finance, planning or business development preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with a proven executive presence; Ability to facilitate meetings with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience taking on projects of increasing responsibility and complexity
- Proficiency in the use of computerized software, including Excel, PowerPoint and Access for the creation, manipulation and analysis of large data sets; Proficiency in mapping software, particularly Business Map or Map Point.
- Capable of performing detailed business analyses while maintaining a strategic perspective.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.