DescriptionThe Senior Process Improvement Professional analyzes, and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. The Senior Process Improvement Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Process Improvement Professional researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity and reduced cost. Determines how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and re-engineering, change management and measurement, and/or process-driven systems requirements. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
• Root cause analysis – identify gaps in processes, redundancies, inefficiencies and potential for defects
• Coordination with other GBO services (ex: Dental Provider Call Center on call drivers due to network administration data errors)
• RACI development and various Network Administration documentation
• Process improvement and Corrective action – partner with the Continuous Improvement GBO team, with specific technology partners, and others, to implement corrective actions and process improvements
• Process Mapping and flow, including identification of controls
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between business needs and analytics/technological solutions. Includes comprehensive end to end understanding of the provider data entry process, and downstream data feed process and interrelations with applications which use this data.
• Close process performance gaps through dental network data entry process streamlining, cycle time reduction and identification/elimination of quality issues, process variation and non-value add activities
• Resolve issues that threaten success, whether in terms of turnaround time, compliance, or quality, or in general team productivity and satisfaction
• Understand the impacts of change on the system (ex:–work in this area can drive impacts to Provider Network, Claims, and Enrollment)
• Implement a plan to improve productivity through automation, process simplification, with measurable outcomes
• Use inquisitive, forward looking, big picture thinking to improve processes and business outcomes
• Drive interconnection between disparate projects to assure simplicity and data integrity
• Influence others to gain support for initiatives or changes that will improve business outcomes; facilitate productive relationships with other analytic centers, technology and operations departments.
• Focus on continuous improvement opportunities within the Specialty Network Administration team or other areas of the organization to reduce provider complexity.
• Establish solid relationships with all business groups in order to influence and understand on-going business needs. Identify potential improvements in processes and then develop and implement new procedures needed to support changes, efficiencies and expense reduction in the business.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience driving improvements in a Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement environment
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate, prioritize, negotiate, problem solve, and inspire team members in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage time and workload to prioritize projects and tasks to ensure appropriate allocation of resources
- Six Sigma credentials (ex.: Black Belt)
- Advanced degree
- Ability to translate requirements between business and IT to drive technical investments
- Minimum of 3-5 years identifying, prioritizing, managing and delivering complex, large scale, cross-functional projects or programs
Scheduled Weekly Hours40