DescriptionThe Senior Product Management Professional leads or coordinates cross-functional project/program teams from design to delivery of fully-developed products that are ready for customer use. The Senior Product Management Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Product Management Professional
Assignment: Transcend Insights
Location: San Diego (preferred) or Campbell
Transcend Insights is a population health management technology company and wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, with a vision of enabling health and wellness across patient populations. Transcend Insights is looking for strong Product Management associates to join our dynamic Product team. We are seeking associates who are passionate about working for a leading-edge healthcare technology platform company focused on providing health systems and care teams with analytics and insights they need to succeed in a value-based world.
- Leads and owns the strategy and tactics for one of Transcend Insight’s core products, defining and driving the product roadmap, and designing features within that roadmap that both delight our customers and scale our ability to execute.
- Deeply understands and analyze the customer experience, recognizes what can be optimized, and documents requirements and use cases for key product roadmap features that Engineering can build
- Drives Voice of Customer (VoC) efforts to help validate assumptions, gathers input into roadmap, and prioritizes product development efforts.
- Gathers macro feedback by conducting competitive analysis, reviewing industry research reports, determining needs of different target segments and total addressable market
- Gathers micro feedback by studying customer support incidents, administering surveys, research and usability tests, and visiting customers to study product interaction in their natural environment.
- In general, owns and drives the learning plan for the product that you manage by commissioning and driving customer research studies and analysis
- Partners closely with other Transcend Insight and Humana functions who are responsible for the customer experience - engineering, implementations, business development, training and customer support
- Is a decisive and action-oriented leader, being the final authority on all aspects of product that are within your area of responsibility. Solicit feedback from external subject matter experts, management, customers and other stakeholders and ultimately uses judgment, experience and intuition to make the best decision for the product.
- Defines success metrics and analyze/prepare product usage reports for areas that you drive, providing insight on what can be improved as input to the product roadmap
- Researches and helps define product positioning and provide recommendations for go-to-market/Product Marketing.
- Great interpersonal, communications and people skills; can work and communicate with all levels within the organization. Is articulate and direct in framing what we’re solving for, but can also talk brass tacks detail when the situation demands it. Must be comfortable interacting with Humana as our main customer and is adept at translating those needs within Transcend Insights to deliver for our target audiences.
- Requires frequent external communication with customers, subject matter experts, partners and prospects; and internal communication with management, peers, development team, cross-functional team and other key stakeholders.
- Creative, inventive, resourceful in enabling team to build innovative products while being mindful of deadlines
- As an Innovation Sr. PM: Is comfortable in ambiguity, can see possibilities and connect dots with Transcend Insight’s existing technology and product, and can translate what’s possible into initial requirements and a proof of concept.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and analyze market conditions
- Determine product requirements/specifications
- Oversee design efforts
- Identify key competitors
- Research and identify necessary partnerships
- Develop and communicate product roadmap
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to better understand market needs and trends, and translate them into creative product solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders to oversee the development and delivery of the product
- Coordinate with product SCRUM team and participate in SCRUM related activities, as necessary
- Propose product pricing and policies
- Provide sales support as needed
- Ensure appropriate level of post-sales product support
- Use market feedback to refine product requirements and ongoing development
BEHAVIORS, ATTRIBUTES & MINDSET
- Is passionate about product and technology as an enabler to improve the lives of providers, care managers, patients, and other roles within the healthcare ecosystem. Clinical (healthcare) expertise is ideal; clinical workflow curiosity is required.
- Self-starter who can work independently, yet is also a team player who partners well with others cross-functionally whether it’s engineering, sales, marketing or support.
- Has an opinion and is passionate about the industry and/or technology and willing to share what you think.
- Smart. We want a Senior Product Manager who is analytical, can decompose a customer experience workflow and make recommendations for how to make it better. Demonstrates business acumen and can use logic along with data to make recommendations on how to improve.
- Has experience and aptitude in driving outcomes by identifying and driving process improvements -- streamlining workflows, automating redundant tasks, and maximizing re-use.
- Has had a direct hand and track record for building remarkable products, from conception to completion. This includes not only delivering features, but also architecting processes to drive successful adoption and support of those features.
- Great instincts and judgment to decide what to do, and more importantly, what not to do.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software product management.
- Experience working for a SaaS enterprise software company.
- Health care industry knowledge and experience.
- Population Health Management product management experience
- Technical degree
Scheduled Weekly Hours40