As a company whose primary focus is on the well-being of its members, Humana is dedicated to shifting perceptions of the health insurance industry. We believe our role goes beyond that of a provider to that of a well-being partner who will empower customers to live a life that’s healthy, active, and rewarding.
Against that backdrop, Humana is building a best-in-class Engagement Marketing organization to provide a deeper understanding of consumers and Humana members. This group leads the development of strategies that more effectively engage and retain members. To assist in developing and implementing personalized, consumer-centric experiences, we are seeking a Senior Professional, Member Strategy. This position will focus on driving enterprise adoption of a consumer centric approach, leveraging consumer analytics in order to develop insights for member engagement strategies, highly effective communication campaigns, member journeys, and programs to improve customer engagement, retention, and health outcomes. To be successful, this role requires strong health care and marketing acumen, experience in business/marketing analysis and intelligence, an innovative and entrepreneurial mind, and strong thought partnership. The creation and execution of effective strategies is highly dependent on driving thought leadership and change management that will foster the creation of a member-centric strategy community and enterprise.
Are you ready to create something that will have a lasting impact on how a major healthcare company does business? Humana’s Engagement Marketing organization is doing just that – and more. If you have excelled in your career in a consumer centric marketing role, we would like to talk with you.
The Engagement Marketing team provides the business with a deeper understanding of Humana’s consumers and members. The Senior Professional, Member Strategy will leverage consumer insights to develop highly targeted plans for improving engagement. The Senior Professional, Member Strategy will work to do the following:
- Develop a working knowledge of the company, its products, the healthcare industry, and the regulatory agencies that govern us in order to support the development of strategies
- Participate in the cross-functional, collaborative eco-system between key business partners, member strategy teams, marketers, and business owners, in order to develop consumer-centric strategies that drive value to the member and the business
- Develop and operationalize a framework/model for managing member cohorts
- Develop a deep understanding of a cohort of members to serve as the subject matter expert on their core needs, value, behaviors, etc.
- Develop marketing strategies and prioritize actions based on deep knowledge of the member
- Leverage analytical insights to inform/design cohort specific experiences and learning agendas
- Create leadership/executive presentations that communicate opportunities and progress
- Promote the expanded adoption of segmentation and consumer-centric strategies to internal customers
- Lead the development of standardized member strategy reporting, annual and quarterly, with analytics partners
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Pursues Excellence: Seeks out learning, strives to develop and expand personally, and continuously helps others upgrade their capability to contribute to Humana.
Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first.
Our Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and will possess several years (ideally 3 - 5+ years) of marketing or communications experience in analytically-driven consumer marketing environments, or experience in building consumer profiles and leveraging data to drive customer insights in Healthcare or such consumer-focused industries as Hospitality, Travel, Telecom, or Financial Services. In addition, the following qualifications and personal attributes are sought:
Base Experience/Role Essentials
- Deep understanding of member segments to build a relevant consumer experience while maximizing results
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical thinking and consulting skills; organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business, modern marketing tactics, marketing strategy, lead generation, digital marketing, and content marketing
- Enthusiasm and motivation essential; Ability to think proactively and creatively; A confident change-agent; Strong selling and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to lead and influence business colleagues and collaborate in a cross-functional environment including to senior leadership
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment, drive decision making, navigate the organization, and build strong relationships
- Ability to lead projects, keep them moving and bring to successful fruition
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; strong inter-personal skills; able to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Familiar with ground-level development/start-ups; Has experience in building as she/he goes and quickly course correct, if necessary
- Begin to establish self as connective innovator that assists in driving organizational change by tapping into the knowledge and creativity of teams across the organization
- Ability to identify financial drivers, create business cases, define and communicate cost and benefit
- 5+ years of Marketing with a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a diverse set of projects
- This area is under the leadership of the Director of Member Engagement Marketing and the office of the Chief Consumer Officer.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40