DescriptionThe Senior Product Management Professional leads or coordinates cross-functional project/program teams from design to delivery of fully-developed products that are ready for customer use. The Senior Product Management Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Location: Louisville, KY or WAH anywhere in the US
We are a multi-disciplinary team which is focused on outpatient spends from both a utilization and unit cost perspective. The team delivers improved quality and savings through value based purchasing and ensuring medically appropriate care delivery. Our outcome analysis work seeks to answer relevant clinical, operational, & financial questions, and identify areas for improvement. In this role you will:
- Monitor Trend: Analytics, observation, identify opportunity, define trend drivers, and root cause analysis Ideation: Explore Pro-active opportunities, design solutions, and develop Corrective Action Plans
- Mitigate Trend: Lead or coordinate cross-functional project/program teams with Business Owner of spend, category and vendor relationships, and Trend Bender development and implementation
- Outcome Analysis: Research to seek answers to relevant clinical, operational, & financial questions, and identify areas for improvement.
- Investigates facts and develops solutions to problems during the design and planning phases.
- Monitor performance, and make recommendations to schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- Collaborate across the company and bring out the best in others to get us to the right answers
- Get into the data and support your team with actionable insights. Understand complex technical challenges and synthesize conversations for non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working in a system analytics and/or data warehousing environment
- Strong proficiency with reporting and query tools including MS Office and Excel (building pivot tables, create tables, charts, graphs)
- Experience pulling data through one of the following tools: Excel, Access, SQL, or SAS
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Ability to interview business owners to define the need/problem/desire of a request and understand how best to fill the request to drive value.
- Experience defining trend drivers and identifying opportunities to create viable solutions
- Experience generating insights through data analysis and process observation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- SQL, ability to build code to query database
- Access (develop/create queries)
- SAS knowledge a plus
- Ability to build a summary table in Access and/or SQL
- Experience in managed care or health care administration
- Master’s Degree in health- or business-related field.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40