Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
You're empowered to do your best by supporting the Business Initiatives Team. The Senior Project Coordinator has mastery of analysis and investigation skills. He or she provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise.
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g., program / project charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision Document)
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information (e.g., labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources (e.g., resource managers, project managers, application planners, system architects)
- Develop / contribute to project budgets and forecasts, obtaining approvals from applicable stakeholders (e.g., cost / benefit analysis, capital planning, staffing impact analysis / assessment)
- Establish / apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with input from applicable stakeholders (e.g., key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, document and implement project communication plans
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience managing large scale projects and documenting processes
- 1+ years of experience in managing stakeholders and managing multiple workstreams and owners
- Experience working as part of a team in a large, matrixed environment
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience preparing materials for and presenting to leadership level audiences
- Business operations strategy definition and execution in a matrixed organization
- Familiarity with Optum and Optum’s products & services
- Healthcare experience
- Excellent time management, organization, communication and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to gain acceptance for ideas, plans, actions and then implement across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify and manage project issues and risks
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Project Management, Coordinator