No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.
Are you a subject matter expertise in project management, scope definition, risk identification, methodology and resource allocation or facilitation? Join us to define scope, performance, results and you may assist management with vendors and service providers to. It's a plus if your working towards certification in project management.
The Senior Project Coordinator position is critical to supporting our internal quality improvement team. This position will provide support for provider audits, project manage contract and regulatory audits, coordinate clinical and operational quality improvement projects, and coordinate clinical appeals.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various functional areas. Typically, employees in this function are working towards or have achieved certification in project management. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques. Makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. Ensures projects are completed on time and in scope. May manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations. Incumbents maybe part of a project management office (PMO) in their business. Project Management roles specific to a particular functional area should be assigned to that family where appropriate (e.g. IT Project Managers should be placed in the IT Family). Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Provider Relation experience
- Proficiency with MS Word (create, edit, save) Excel (create, edit, save, plug in data) Outlook (send, receive, set appointments) PowerPoint (creating & viewing presentations) SharePoint (creating & saving documents) Visio (creating & viewing diagrams)
- 1+ years of project management experience
- 1+ years experience with tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions.
- 1+ years Clinical Appeals experience
- Data Analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords Optum, UnitedHealth, Project Management, Clinical Appeals, data Analyst,Customer Service