DescriptionThe Senior Project Manager will play a critical role in managing and executing significant projects in the Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO), specifically focused on strategic relationships. In addition to basic project management expectations, which are highly specialized and essential to the role, the Senior Project Manager will function as a business partner with the Strategic Relationships team to build and implement an integrated health system sciences institute that drives integrated care and improves health outcomes. This work extends across the enterprise and will have tremendous impact on the business, the people we serve, and the communities in which we operate.
Location: Louisville, KY or WAH possible (highly prefer Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, or Louisville, KY)
A successful Senior Project Manager for Strategic Relationships will balance highly structured project management skills with the ability consult effectively and manage a diverse set of work projects simultaneously. The Senior Project Manager is a self-starter, team player, and collaborator who builds trust and is capable of working in an environment with frequent change, requiring the flexibility and organization to manage diverse projects. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with business owners/project sponsors to understand the scope of a project, create a charter with defined milestones and an identified implementation approach and project plan. The Senior Project Manager will secure resources by identifying impacted stakeholders, facilitate meetings, and coordinate the activities to achieve business objectives within established timeframes. As a business partner in the development/implementation of new initiatives, the project manager is responsible for managing all phases of the project cycle.
- Develop detailed project plans utilizing traditional PM tools to ensure effective and timely completion of projects
- Actively manage stakeholders and mitigate project risks as needed
- Oversee interdependencies and interrelationships of multiple projects
- Set strategies and lead program execution to deliver long-term (multi-year) objectives for multiple stakeholders
- Work independently and make decisions about work methods to accomplish strategic objectives set by both internal and external partners
- Collaborate effectively internally and externally to achieve desired project results and lead through influence
- Setting aside traditional project management skills and tools, demonstrate sound judgment, decision making, and execution capability to influence project direction, scope, and impact
- Participate as a team member on projects
- Consult and advise at a high level with multiple external groups
- Regular use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and other tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of project management experience
- Strong experience managing medium to large scale projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly, within and outside the bounds of traditional project management structures
- Ability to manage stakeholders and hold them accountable for deliverables
- Ability to facilitate meetings with multiple participants of varying levels capturing relevant information
- Ability to execute tasks captured in a project plan
- Comfortable working on new projects with limited knowledge/expertise of the content and be able to learn quickly in order to effectively manage the implementation.
- PMP Certification
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Prior experience in a clinical/healthcare services setting
- Prior experience in the health solutions industry, with basic understanding of industry and innovative care and payment models
You will report to the Director.
Travel: Up to 25%
Scheduled Weekly Hours40