DescriptionThe Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. The Senior Project Manager work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Responsibilities of this role will include managing intermediate term projects to optimize existing processes, maintaining oversight of production processes, bringing insights to departmental leadership regarding quality and volume, and generating the next level of process excellence with respect to documentation and peer review.
With respect to project-based work, the Senior Project Manager designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing the project; monitors progress and performance against the project plan; takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifies, develops, and gathers the resources to complete the project.
The Senior Project Manager also:
- Prepares designs and work specifications; develops project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors.
- Communicates with other operational areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project.
- Conducts meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project.
- Sets priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Begins to influence department’s strategy.
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of technical experience
Nice to Have
- Graduate Degree or PMP Certification Preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours40