Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Coordinates proposal development activities including drafting Medicaid proposals for new and existing clients (e.g., government, employers), gathering related statistical and system-related reports, and directing the preparation of supporting documents and analyses. Works closely with sales, product, legal, finance and other functions to tailor contractual provisions to reflect prospects needs, company interests, and appropriate resources and timelines.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and related documents furnished by the procuring agency; analyze to understand and capture specific operational, administrative and proposal requirements
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) in business functions throughout the organization to determine Community & State / UnitedHealthcare business and operational approach to satisfy the requirements
- Contribute ideas regarding business solution based on own ideas, experience and research
- Develop and maintain baseline proposal content for assigned functional area
- Review prior Community & State proposals to extract relevant content for use in proposal development; work with content manager to determine relevant elements
- Outline proposal sections or answers to address all elements of direct, derived and implied requirements
- Draft concise, complete and clear proposal responses to the requirements and / or questions in accordance with Community & State proposal development standards, stylistic guidelines and formatting conventions
- Inspect and edit own work for clarity and conformance to requirements; work with proposal leadership to address editing issues
- Present information to, and effectively communicate with, senior leadership and other key individuals
- Participate in individual and group proposal reviews with senior leadership and other key individuals; incorporate changes and improvements to proposals
- Copyedit proposal narrative
- Collect and submit proposal exhibits, attachments, appendices relevant to assigned sections for tracking and for formatting, if required
- Work with proposal formatter to address proposal layout and publishing issues
- Work with proposal graphic designer to provide concepts for creating supporting graphics for proposals
- Escalate conflicts and issues to proposal leadership as required
- Complete work according to deadlines provided by proposal leadership
- Assist as requested in general proposal activities, including editing, proposal assembly, and quality assurance, etc.
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvement of the Community & State proposal development process
- Conduct other business development duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 5+ years of proposal writing experience
- 3+ years dental proposal writing experience
- Healthcare experience
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Strong interviewing skills
- Medicaid experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Proposal Writer, Medicaid, Dental, Proposal Writing, Marketing, Journalism, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home