Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Senior Product Support Representative will provide world-class customer care for HealthSafe ID, Optum ID and LINK. This is a challenging opportunity that offers learning, growth and diversity of responsibilities. The Senior Product Support Representative will respond to client/user inquiries, ranging from basic questions about technology, to troubleshooting technical issues related to our product. You will also work with various internal support groups to escalate complex and high priority / high impact issues. You can expect to handle 50+ users daily via phone/email to provide excellent customer care, technical troubleshooting and maximum productivity at a call center capacity. Additional duties include proper ticket handling, on-going training to stay up to date on product / industry updates and releases, effective navigation of technical tools provided, and light reporting / tracking of trending issues. Technical aptitude, problem solving abilities, customer relationship skills, organization, and dependability are all imperative to success in this role. Strong candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of previous experience resolving technical issues over the phone, demonstrated successful troubleshooting and poses the soft skills required to effectively communicate technical solutions to non-technical users.
- Listen to callers concerns; taking ownership of each callers request and managing their expectations to ensure timely resolution
- Walk caller through troubleshooting steps via phone / email to reach resolution and eliminate root cause issues
- Document required information through our client ticket management application known as ServiceNow, while being in compliance to HIPPA and other federally regulated laws
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience answering inbound calls within a corporate environment
- 3+ years of experience in customer service
- 6+ months previous technical support experience and / or help desk experience
- Proficient in client management ticketing applications
- Proficient Knowledge working on multiple internet browsers
- Strong network administrative experience
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week and overtime as needed. Must be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with no restrictions. Shifts will be working 10 hour days, 4 days per week. Will maintain a regular schedule; if changes occur will receive a 2 week notice. Schedule is determined after training.
- Ability to work successfully with customers to provide problem resolution
- Strong telephone etiquette
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Collaborator and ability to work within a team setting
- Ability to document problem resolution and other materials
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and independently
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior Product Support Representative, Altanta, GA, Optum Operations
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.