At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo is seeking a senior level automation expert to join the IaaS Cloud Engineering (ICE) Puppet Automation Reliability Engineering team. The right person must be comfortable being at the forefront of a rapidly innovating cloud offering with a DevOps approach to provisioning across the enterprise.
The candidate must understand the value of partnership, thinking creatively, and be passionate about Infrastructure as Code. Successful candidates should have well-tested, stable releases as part of a software development lifecycle; be self-motivated, a problem-solver; and should be comfortable providing guidance to less experienced staff.
Engineers in this role must be capable of handling multiple, concurrent requests with precision and care, capable of working quickly and supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
This Puppet Automation Reliability Engineer will be part of the team responsible for modeling and delivery of Wells Fargo infrastructure software. Additionally, candidates should have previous experience writing Puppet modules and automating delivery of software and configuration to multiple infrastructure destinations, specifically some experience with infrastructure running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Engineers in this role should also be comfortable with an event-driven, service-oriented approach and be capable of developing and orchestrating web services in a transactional way, including necessary certificate management. There should be relative comfort with development processes (agile, release planning, branch management, test progression) normally associated with producing stable, compliant software releases.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of operating systems analysis experience, operating systems engineering experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of Puppet experience
- 5+ years of Red Hat Linux or UNIX experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 2+ years of source or version control tools experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Python, Ruby, PowerShell, and Shell scripting
- Cloud computing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of OpenStack
- 2+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Experience with Terraform development language
- 1 year experience developing web services with REST APIs, JSON or YAML
- Strong demonstrated ability or history in identifying opportunities to identify manual processes and automate them
- Experience working with Git version control and GitHub
- Experience with certificate management
- Experience working in an agile teams using Scrum
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.