At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
This role is for a Senior Quantitative Analyst who will lead the execution of research modelling and quantitative tool delivery across multiple investment teams within Wells Fargo Asset Management. This role emphasizes full involvement with all areas of fundamental and quantitative investment processes, multi-asset class solutions, portfolio construction and research.
- Strategic hands-on investment, quantitative and technical driver with a critical role embedded within the investment teams at WF Asset Management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead or partner with portfolio managers to develop and deliver of investment quantitative tools and systematic investment strategic initiatives and priorities across investment teams and asset classes.
- Drive revenues through innovation and enhancement of quantitative and data tools, enhancing the delivery of instituitional investment processes.
- Maintain and evolve institutional knowledge of all aspects of portfolio team investment process, research, trading, compliance, and operational requirements.
- Effectively partner with portfolio managers, research analysts, traders, and support teams across asset classes to drive synergies in quantitative and modeling outcomes that support investment strategies, quantitative trends and client requirements.
- Drive successful investment product and regulatory outcomes through the effective development of quantitative solutions for new product investment strategies or client/regulatory demands.
- Support sales, marketing and client management processes by effectively representing WFAM and investment teams during on-site client and prospect due diligence meetings.
- Effectively lead investment team integrations on behalf of portfolio managers and investment leaders through the delivery of effective solutions within enterprise policy requirements – acting as senior investment liaison to enterprise technology partners.
- Provide leadership and stewardship to the organization through change, integrating different points of view and driving accountability.
Key Behaviours Required
- Leadership – Effectively represent investment teams across WFAM, WIM and WFC Key leaders and stakeholders with excellent communication skills across different areas of expertise and seniority
- Organization – Strong organizational development and project management skills
- Execution – proven ability to provide hands on execution of key duties and tasks. No project/task too big or too small attitude and accountability.
- Decision Making – strong decision making capabilities and ability to effectively navigate complex business/corporate dynamics and projects.
- Analytical – Strong analytical skills necessary in order to resolve complex operational issues affecting investment teams.
- Communication expertise – Promote effective and on-going communication, fostering a culture of trust and engagement amongst and between all key stakeholders.
- Business Initiative Capabilities – Full understanding of investment business and ability to self-initiate to learn
- Risk Management – strong focus and emphasis on effective investment risk management
- Team Work – Team player, used to work in dynamic work setting, showing ability to motivate team members to deliver high-quality output while ensuring a good team atmosphere
- 6+ years of quantitative investment research experience
- Strong technical academic background
- Excellent mathematical, finance and programming skills
- Extensive Fixed Income, multi-asset and equity experience and operational knowledge with a focus on developing portfolio strategy through front end quantitative investment tools and technology.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of investment industry business trends and requirements
- Passion for predicting and proactively solving complex investment process and supporting technology challenges.
- Proven experience and understanding of investment process, trading systems, investment operations, and client support (with emphasis on fixed income, multi asset, quantitative and/or equity portfolios.)
- Skilled at effectively navigating large, complex and fast paced organizations and at building cross-team partnerships
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.