Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Senior Recovery Resolutions Analyst for M&R Clinical Waste and Error will work with a team on researching physician medical records to ensure correct coding of medical claims.
- Review medical records to identify appropriate coding based on CMS requirements
- Investigate all types of professional claims to identify savings for our customers
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies, and contract compliance
- Monitor coding changes to ensure that most current information is utilized.
- Adhere to turn around time and standards
- Meet and maintain minimum quality and productivity standards
- Acts as a resource for others
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of experience in provider or facility setting coding (CPT / HCPCS / ICD - 10), including knowledge of industry terminology and regulatory guidelines
- Must possess a current Coding Certification (CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CCS - P, RHIT), or a current license as an RN or LPN with coding experience
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence and spreadsheets in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- 2+ years of experience with claims processing systems and guidelines / processes
- Knowledge of Medicaid / Medicare Reimbursement methodologies
- Knowledge of Encoder systems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: coding, medicare, retirement, M&R, clinical, coder