Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Review claims platforms, research, and analyze treatment to determine claims relatedness (50%)
- Validate contact information and accident - related injuries (10%)
- Research and gather appropriate plan documents from multiple sources (15%)
- Prepare Subrogation demand packages for submission to insurance carriers (25%)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of office experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel (creating and editing spreadsheets), OneNote (creating and editing), Outlook (creating and reading emails), PowerPoint (creating, editing and viewing presentations), and Word (creating documents and making edits as necessary)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, claims billing / coding, and / or subrogation principles
- COSMOS, FACETS, ISET, NICE, UNET Claims Platforms experience
- Ability to work well in a fast - paced production environment; performing multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Open to change and new information; ability to adapt behavior and work methods to changing organization
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.