Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
This role handles information about patient services and how those services are paid by investigating and pursuing recoveries through contact with various parties. There are 2 primary functions. First, reviewing and analyzing contract rates on credit balance accounts at the hospital business office. You will be required to use basic math in all of your daily activities. As field-based employees who work onsite at our client’s offices; relationship building and growth is another crucial function of the position. Acclimating to our client’s environment and learning about their primary goals and objectives is essential, and ensures a successful partnership. Responsibilities include regular communication with client contacts at all levels to follow-up on open AR, discuss reporting, projects and identifying opportunities for growth of the business partnership. We offer the latest tools along with the most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. This position also offers quarterly incentives based on performance.
- Provide expertise by reviewing, researching, and resolving all types of accounts in a credit balance to bring final resolution and root cause analysis for health plans, commercial customers and government entities
- Fundamental Execution: Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established production goals, quotas and deadlines in a fast-pace and ever-changing environment
- Communicate and / or meet with the provider appropriately to ensure Optum is meeting the needs and expectations of the provider and build a good rapport with the provider contacts by establishing professional working relationships to ensure operational efficiency
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions, be accountable for improving business operations
- Accounts receivable follow up and resolution
- Analyze and identify trends and provide reporting as necessary
- Work independently with little direct onsite supervision
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies and contract compliance
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Basic proficiency in math and thinking analytically and critically
- Intermediate proficiency with PC and Windows
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (sorting, creating bar graphs, formulas and summing)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, with flexibility to overtime as needed
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (generally local but some overnight required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience working in Claims Recovery and Resolution
- 2+ years of revenue cycle or hospital billing experience
- Previous experience working in a client facing role and / or working onsite at a client site
- Healthcare finance experience with a focus in auditing and / or analysis
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous work within the community giving back or volunteering time and resources
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment both independently and in a group setting
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, speaking, listening using a headset
- Business office environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum Operations, Senior Recovery Resolutions Representative, RAM, credit, balance, provider