Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
The Sr. Reporting Analyst is responsible for delivering valuable business insights using data and analysis. The reporting analyst will help influence key projects and reporting requirements throughout Medical Management. The position provides support through the use of data to help identify trends and opportunities within medical management. This position requires a unique skill set that includes working with cross-functional leaders on complex projects by providing comprehensive analysis that lead to data-driven decisions. This person must also collaborate vertically and horizontally throughout the organization, understanding workflow, and creating a collaborative environment to work effectively throughout the organization to ensure alignment of strategy and approach. The Sr. Reporting Analyst is also accountable to create operational reports and dashboards that help support utilization management, care management and disease management. Performs data analysis, process analysis, requirements elicitation and documentation, stakeholder analysis, and data reporting in support of business operations and project goals. Harmonizes with project managers, program managers, business sponsors, and other stakeholders to ensure all goals and objectives are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Write SQL queries and perform table joins, and complex data merges.
- Support systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management.
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business goals and trending.
- Transfers data into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences.
- Responsible for representing the directives of senior leadership and acts as a key liaison on cross functional projects as required.
- Performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business systems, processes, and/or intradepartmental impacts.
- Assists in the development and testing of new reports and ongoing support of existing solutions, including defect identification and resolution. Plese select Yes or No.
- Assists in driving change and innovation through collaboration and teamwork.
- Works through issues and roadblocks with internal and external stakeholders to reach amicable solutions that balance the needs of all parties.
- Recommends opportunities and/or action plans for improved performance based on business need and observable trend.
- Collaborates with project managers, program managers, business analysts, training teams, and other stakeholders to ensure inputs, processes and outputs are captured and maintained for effective implementation.
- Demonstrates understanding of the complexity within functions, relationships, and contractual obligations with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field required (8 additional years of experience beyond the required years may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree).
Four or more years’ experience in data analysis and reporting
Knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Reporting.
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Visio software applications.
Problem solving capabilities resulting in significant business impact and customer satisfaction.
Detail-oriented and ability to identify potential risk or problems and find resolution
Ability to manage group relationships with diverse geographic locations, skills and level of understanding of company processes and policy
Effectively operate through complex organizational situations with ability to anticipate obstacles and plan appropriate approach
Excellent written and oral skills
Health plan, healthcare or clinic operations experience preferred
PMP or CAPM certification
Experience with various reporting and analytics tools (Business Objects, Cognos, SSRS, etc)
Knowledge of one or more of the following: Visual Studio, Visual Basic, and Integration Services.
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.