Optum Ops division is seeking a Senior Reporting Analyst with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. You will be maintaining and updating critical components of key business processes that keep our operation running. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) Use your operational analytical skills to design/develop, program, maintain and publish reports. Make solid recommendations based on the analysis and provide explanations for reporting results for both internal operations and our customers. You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines. You will need to learn the UHG IT world so you can utilize resources to schedule and create jobs, coordinate or complete ADHOC or analytical tasks, among others, to bring your projects to conclusion.
If you are located in Eden Prairie, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders in many areas of the company such as compliance and operations to develop the best reporting solution for each request
- Design, develop and maintain recurring reports; as well as, support ad hoc reporting requests
- Review regulator and customer documentation to ensure reporting requirements are met
- Analyze existing reporting to identify opportunities of automation, self-service reporting, improved efficiency and performance
- Attend and provide proactive input at all relevant meetings with key client stakeholders and leaders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics; or, equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in a reporting tool such as Hyperion, SQL, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Alteryx, Tableau
- Intermediate level of knowledge related to relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse
- Extremely well organized, detailed & multi-task oriented
- Ability to review complex requests to pull out required information
- Work closely with regulatory teams to ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify risks
- 4+ years of experience performing significant data analysis and report development
- Behavioral Health or other health care experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: reporting analyst, senior reporting analyst