This position involves the analysis of retail and operational data to provide reporting and insights to clients of Anderson Merchandisers, LLC. The Senior Retail Analysis & Insights Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to thoroughly analyze data and effectively report insights to internal and external stakeholders.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
This position reports directly to the Director of Retail Analysis & Insights.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES, including but not limited to the following:
- Generate timely and accurate reporting for clients using exceptional attention to detail
- Identify opportunities, summarize findings and make strategic recommendations
- Collaborate with project managers and clients to track the performance of key metrics
- Merge data from multiple sources to extract valuable insights
- Communicate effectively across other departments in the organization
- Other duties as may be assigned
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, analyze, problem solve, collaborate in a team environment, meet client deadlines and function well with a high level of independence, initiative and resourcefulness
- Possess strong math, analytical and problem solving skills as well as possess the ability to work in large data sets and databases
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Oracle and SAP Business Objects a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytics role
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Working knowledge of data warehouses preferred
- 5% Travel
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Analytical: skillfully gathers and analyzes data/information from multiple sources
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a proactive and timely manner
- Confidentiality: maintains security, control and confidentiality of sensitive data/information
- Interpersonal Skills: interacts professionally and remains open to ideas and recommendations
- Diversity: understands the diversity in our Company, department and team. Treats others and their opinions with respect and dignity
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations with clients, executives and peers.
- Written Communication: presents data effectively, edits work for spelling/grammar and professionalism and is able to effectively read and interpret written information
- Quality Control: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Planning/Organization: prioritizes and plans work activities of self and others and uses time efficiently
- Work performed could entail fine manipulation of hands or fingers