BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Senior Risk Analyst will manage all financial reporting and analysis functions of the Risk Management department. Position is responsible for developing and analyzing a budget in excess of $40M per year for a largely self-insured insurance program. Also responsible for analyzing claims data, generating reports, communicating results, and making recommendations to management regarding accident prevention and safety issues. This position will also be responsible for managing the underwriting and renewal process for all Property & Casualty programs.
This position reports directly to the Director-Risk Management. Internally, this position will work collaboratively with the Director of Safety & Regulatory Compliance and Club Operations to communicate claims frequency, safety concerns & mitigation strategies. Position will also interact frequently with Director-Budget and Financial Reporting manager. Externally this position will have extensive contact with insurance brokers, insurance underwriters, insurance claims consultants, and representatives of State Self-Insurance departments.
- Manages Property & Casualty underwriting renewal process including establishing appropriate timeline, preparing underwriting submission data, analyzing renewal quotes and evaluating available alternatives, and preparing renewal recommendations to management. Review renewal policies and endorsements for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to submission specifications.
- Develops annual claims charge-out methodology for purpose of allocating self-insured loss expense on Worker’s Comp and General Liability claims to clubs. Prepares monthly Worker’s Comp and General Liability loss triangles, charge-out, and incident rate reports and conducts analysis of claims activity to identify workplace and premises safety issues for communication to, and action by, management. Analyzes and reports on club variances between actual and budgeted claims expense.
- Develops annual Property and self-insured Casualty expense budget ($40+M) based on analysis of historical claims data and actuarial projections; prepares quarterly analysis of all premium and claims expense and makes financial statement adjustment recommendations to management.
- Manage Property, Environmental, & other non-casualty claims submissions to carriers including co-ordination of loss data collection with clubs, H/O-Finance, and other related departments, creation and maintenance of supporting documentation and claims files, development of Business Interruption loss analysis, and follow-up with carriers on receivable collection.
- Provide support to Director-Risk Management with respect to all other financial & compliance matters impacting the department, including, but not limited to, analyzing annual policy premium audits and retroactive premium adjustments, insurance certificate management, and claims information system management.
- Compiles revenue and employee data necessary for maintaining and renewing self-insured status in States in which BJ’s conducts business.
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in Finance/Risk Management or a quantitative discipline relevant to financial risk management
- Bachelor’s Degree – Risk Management, Finance, or Business
- Strong background in all lines of insurance coverage
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage several concurrent projects
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.