DescriptionThe Senior Risk Management Professional identifies and analyzes potential sources of loss to minimize risk. The Senior Risk Management Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Risk Management Professional estimates the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss. Develops and implements controls and cost-effective approaches to minimize the organization's risks. Assesses and communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organization. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Additional Job Description:
As a Senior Risk Management Professional, you will work with Medicare and Medicaid compliance performance data, optimizing and analyzing sets of data, to uncovering insights and create powerful visualizations and/or reporting that is easily digestible for broader consumption. You will work collaboratively with other risk and compliance professionals to understand the risks and compliance concerns and then highlight those through powerful visualization tools. Successfully querying data, packaging it in an easy to consume format and effectively communicating outcomes and insights will directly impact our organization’s targeting of resources for complex and challenging issues to bring to resolution across the entire organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain efficiency of data sets through standard practices in data optimization.
- Querying data to take complex data sets and break them down to digestible insights.
- Develop dashboards and reports using Qlik Sense and/or Tableau to provide on-demand reporting, powerful visualizations and insights.
- Collaborate with IT teams to build data tables and establish access.
- Work collaboratively with other risk and compliance professionals to reconcile data or uncover patterns that need to be addressed, in easy to understand presentations.
- Make recommendations for visualization strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of database management and data optimization
- Adept SQL skills, with detailed experience working on at least one of the following; Oracle, SQL server or Big Data
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting which can be used to analyze and identify insights
- Experience with common data visualization tools; such as Qlik Sense or Tableau, utilizing it to breakdown complex or large data sets into pointed stories
- Skilled at presenting insights and analysis including use of common presentation tools
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-driven, work across functional groups, build collaborative relationships and drive projects to closure
- Ability to simplify and translate complex information into easier to understand concepts
- Experience with Medicare operations or general understanding of Medicare
- Specialization in data science or quantitative field
- Experience/training in using data analysis and quantitative modeling techniques (e.g. statistical, optimization, demand forecasting, and simulation) to answer business questions and to assess the added value of recommendations
- Experience in working within Humana’s Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Qlik Sense Certification, Tableau Desktop Associate certification or equivalent, QlikView Business Analyst certification is preferred
- Understanding of SharePoint Designer and Workflow creation
Scheduled Weekly Hours40