As a Senior Service Account Manager, this position will be responsible for representing Optum360 / Quest Diagnostics to our clients in a professional manner. This role will streamline, improve and enhance the billing experience for physicians, office staff and patients through education while reducing revenue loss, denials and bad debt for Optum360 and Quest. The Senior Service Account Manager will be required to work in the field (outside an office) at least 90% of the time in the State of California, visiting 6-8 clients in a day with one day per week for office work. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Improve billing data quality through the education and account management of customers, with efforts and emphasis to reduce missing information, bad debt, non-supported diagnosis / non-covered test write-offs, and third-party denials.
- Conduct Client visits.
- Account visits will be prioritized based on evaluation of trends that show education needs in:
- Medicare Limited Coverage Policy / ABN.
- Medicaid requirements / policies.
- Regional specific third-party requirements / policies.
- Ordering provider registration (PECOS).
- Missing demographic/insurance information for ordering physician and patient
- Support Commercial Sales team with client training and education as required for large new customers and / or new billing initiatives.
- Act as liaison for customer billing problems as necessary and communicate those to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
- Drive improvement to defined goals.
- Document all significant client interaction in CRM application (Salesforce.com).
- Other duties as assigned including special projects, etc.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must reside within 40 miles of Santa Ana, CA, Tustin, CA, or Irvine, CA
- Microsoft Word (create and edit documents)
- Microsoft Excel (create, edit spreadsheets, and reports)
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time to client sites
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Cell phone and internet connectivity available for work use
- Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience with healthcare medical billing / claims experience
- Experience working with data - pulling and analyzing information to understand root cause / trends / opportunities
- 2+ years of experience with face to face customer relationship management
- Knowledge of Medicare / Medicaid coverage policies
- Ability to develop and sustain good customer relationships
- Strong written / verbal communication skills
- Strong organization / time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: OptumInsight, Optum 360, account manager, sales, marketing, Tustin, CA, Irvine, CA, Santa Ana, California