DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
The Digital Experience Center is seeking a Data Engineer that takes the lead in process design/redesign, solution design, application design and planning, system upgrades and migrations, acceptance testing, performance and scale testing and development. This role may engage independently with the client to provide technical advice and oversight or may participate on the project team as a senior technical lead.
- Designs the solution and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution. Prepares technical design and implementation design documents and works with product management to ensure all project requirements are met.
- Troubleshoots application problems
- Provides project team leadership
- Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices.
- Participate in and drive ethnographic and user research
- Hands-on experience in implementing large and fast data platforms.
- Ability to deliver onsite proof of concepts for distributed databases and datagrids.
- Thorough understanding of big data, EDW and in-memory data grids like geode/gemfire, times Ten, Teradata, Greenplum etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Proven consultative and client relationships skills and experience
- Extensive experience with multiple operating systems, Linux/Unix in particular
- Extensive knowledge of BI/DW solutions and execution experience implementing data warehouses
- Extensive experience developing enterprise applications using Java and Spring
- Experience working in Professional Services / Consulting on high impact, data oriented projects with smaller, independent project teams
- Experience optimizing/tuning DB Performance with a variety of RDBMS
- Experience in designing and deploying enterprise data warehouse solutions; familiarity with data modeling approaches such as ERD and concepts behind relational, normalized and star schema database architectures.
- ETL/ELT experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, etc. Familiarity with scripting languages: shell, Perl/Python/C
- Behavioral competencies:
- Positive, winning attitude
- Passion for continual learning
- Excellent track record of customer responsiveness
- Presents themselves well in customer settings
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Upholds honesty and integrity
- Ability to travel as-needed to meet with team members
- Deep technical knowledge of distributed databases and datagrids and related technologies such as Greenplum, Teradata, Gemfire or experience with other MPP platforms
- Experience with BI Reporting and Analytical Tools such as Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, SAS etc.
- VMware or Virtualization technology experience
- Structured design, coding, and testing experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40