DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Assignment: Transcend Insights
Location: San Diego or Campbell, CA
Transcend Insights®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc., is redefining how population health is managed, measured and implemented by providing The Platform for Population Wellness. Our HealthLogix™ technology platform and unified solution suite helps health systems care teams and patients transition from episodic to proactive care for long-term wellness. By providing solutions and insights that support a more proactive, person-centric approach to care, we are powering a better care experience, giving people the freedom to make confident decisions, and helping to empower care teams, not tools, to improve the health and long-term wellness of populations.
Summary of Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position should have an advanced grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. The position will involve a variety of complicated tasks and may require leadership of others, working under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected.
Strong collaboration and communication with teams and employees across the organization is essential.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Able to mentor others and lead design efforts.
- Experienced in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban).
C++ Role Essentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field).
- 5+ years of experience of recent C++ experience in Linux/Unix environment with strong understanding of STL and Boost libraries.
- 3+ years of application design and development experience with XML, SOAP, HTML, web and restful services and technologies.
- 3+ years RDBMS experience (e.g. Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008 or later, MySql), with demonstrated ability to implement tables, views, triggers, procedures, functions, indexing. Experience with document based databases a plus.
- Server side business and data access logic.
- Ability to refactor individual functions when necessary.
- Well versed in object oriented design, analysis, and development.
- RogueWave experience.
- Java development experience.
You will report to a Technology Manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40