- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software.
- Deliver user stories and project commitments in an agile framework to deliver value to our customers.
- Mentor junior team members on technologies and best practices to develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Continuously improve the technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Previous software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, relevant to software engineering.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Proficient in .net web and cloud technologies.
- Experience developing web apps, web services, microservices, and/or web-based products.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.