DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications and solutions. You will work together with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex business systems that will optimize business outcomes. Specifically, you will work as a Claims / Encounter Data specialist for the Medicare / Medicaid Risk Adjustment (MRA) Team, using an understanding of Humana’s MRA business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications, and solutions.
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution.
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure, and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications.
- Partner with other business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff.
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure.
- Prior programming experience with modern software development tools
- Experience with Application data modeling and process modeling
- Experience in the areas of software development and support
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile software development methodology
- Risk Adjustment submission domain knowledge
- Prior experience with reporting tools, version control, and DevOps tools
- Working knowledge of open systems (Java) and/or .NET and/or SQL.
- Ability to successfully interact with middle management.
- Prior experience with IBM Technology Stack such as IIB, ODM, and BPM
- Knowledge of Claims and Encounter Data structures.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40