Welcome to UnitedHealthcare - Together We Are Making a Difference in the Lives of 47 Million Americans.
We aren’t looking for just the typical senior application developer. We are seeking an innovative and immersive technology enthusiast to help lead our BFF program to the finish line and create a foundation for the future.
In this Senior Software Engineering role, not only will you will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of the Fox Claims applications, but you will work closely with a cross functional team of application architects, quality automation engineers, performance engineers and IT DevOps in a scaled agile environment and expected to provide innovative solutions, mentor team mates and defend the ideas that you propose.
Have you worked in scaled agile environment? Have you developed to a DevOps culture? Do you enjoy being part of an IT organization transforming to solve business challenges in an rapidly evolving health care industry and furthering operational excellence? Bring us your passion and energy for engineering top - notch IT solutions, and you will be rewarded with opportunities and challenge!
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development testing and maintenance
- Additional responsibilities include documentation, enhancing existing components, defect resolution, and mentoring junior developers
- Work very closely with application architecture, delivery teams and DevOps to triage and resolve production defects
- Capitalize on CI, CD, DevOps tools and best practices to implement agility and quality
- Encourage innovative approaches to defect resolution, avoid technical debt and reduce bad coding footprints
- Develop code using TDD, BDD keeping in mind security, scalability, and performance and maintainability guidelines
- Be part of an agile team and participate in all rituals including grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Assume SME roles for the micro services and perform code reviews, code merges and provide feedback relative to best practices, code quality and improving performance
- Design reusable components, patterns, frameworks and libraries
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies / products / tools / trends related to software development and utilize those findings to influence our application development process
- Infuse a mindset of agility, quality and performance with a focus on value driven deliverables
- High School Diploma
- 6+ years of strong hands-on experience with Java Enterprise Edition (Java/J2EE) and web technologies
- 3+ years of experience with the Spring frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar) ,SCA and mock data frameworks
- 1+ years of solid Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban and XP preferred)
- 3+ years of DevOps experience (Strong experience needed in DevOps to support Application).CI/CD
- Knowledge of web security, application security, web services security, common vulnerability remediation, certificate management
- Strong knowledge in OO Design Principles, core OOPS, JEE Design patterns as well as their implementation in real world applications
- Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), RESTful Web Services, microservices experience
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Red Hat BPM suite experience, or Drools experience or similar experience working on rules engine
- Rabbit MQ, JBoss, APM, Oracle Relational Databases Jenkins, Github, Swagger, Atlassian Products, Rally, Sonar, Junit, Openshift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with performance, network & cloud infrastructure techniques and how they fit to design & delivery
- Healthcare industry experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning parts of applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
- Experience creating and presenting presentations and demos of software deliverables
- Experience in / knowledge of large scale direct to consumer web techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DevOps, software engineering, Agile, code development, application design, CI, CD, TDD, BDD, Java, J2EE, Spring, Junit, Spock, SCA, mock data frameworks, Scrum, Kanban, XP, OOPS, OO design, SOA, RESTful, microservices, Drools, Red Hat, Rabbit MQ, JBoss, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania