DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
*Due to the urgency to fill this role, please email your resume directly to Jessica Dudney, Humana Resources Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference position title and location preference.
Lead Software Engineer (Java) Business Overview
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Description Role: Lead Software Engineer (Java)
Assignment: Transcend Insights
Location: San Diego or Campbell,
Transcend Insights®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc., is redefining how population health is managed, measured and implemented by providing The Platform for Population Wellness. Our HealthLogix™ technology platform and unified solution suite helps health systems care teams and patients transition from episodic to proactive care for long-term wellness. By providing solutions and insights that support a more proactive, person-centric approach to care, we are powering a better care experience, giving people the freedom to make confident decisions, and helping to empower care teams, not tools, to improve the health and long-term wellness of populations.
Summary of Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position should have an advanced grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. This candidate will provide technical support to project team members and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The position will involve a variety of complicated tasks and may require leadership of others, working under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected. Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
Role Essentials Overall Essentials
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Able to mentor others and lead design efforts
- Experience leading a technical team through all phases of the software development and delivery cycle.
Java Role Essentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- 5+ years experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
- Linux experience (medium to advanced knowledge)
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services and client-server interactions
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with highly scalable web services
- API design and development
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Environment management/orchestration systems (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Experience with continuous integration environment and tools
- Experience with Oracle, PostgresSQL, Mongo development and optimization
- Enterprise data warehousing design and development
Reporting RelationshipsYou will report to a Technology Manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40