DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer for Humana Government Business will plan, analyze, design, develop, test, and implement information systems of high complexity within framework of the Humana Military systems architecture to support the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner.
- Design, program, test, implement and support information systems within the framework of the HGB systems architecture to support the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner.
- Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred – web, client server, iOS/Android operating systems, and vendor supplied software.
- Accountable for understanding the business needs of the organization and translating those needs into technological systems designs specifications and solutions.
- Contribute significantly to systems analysis and design efforts with the responsibility for tasks associated with the initiation, definition, and specification of information systems. Document development materials in accordance with Humana Military standards. Prepare user documentation as directed.
- Write, update and test programs for batch and online systems and submit code and object changes for turns in accordance with Humana Military standards. Prepare and execute systems test plans and assist end users with acceptance testing as needed.
- Plan system installation and conversion support and prepare all necessary system, operations and turnover documentation as directed by Systems Manager or Director in accordance with Humana Military standards.
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, correct problems, make minor modifications, and coordinate testing of releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, customizations and monitoring.
- Provide on call support as requested for various applications systems.
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position
- Four years of progressive information technology experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team development setting
- Ability to perform analysis and design, requirements gathering, documentation, programming, testing, system installation and/or conversion.
- Experience in designing and developing efficient and high availability Web Services/Rest APIs
- Two years of current experience using Visual Studio, TFS, .NET framework, MVC
- Database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures and SSIS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent technical training/experience
- Design and development of web services
- Performance testing, profiling and tuning
- Two years of current experience with iOS and Android platforms
- Xamarin (desirable)
- Full Stack development
- Services architecture
Scheduled Weekly Hours40