DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Applications ConsultantAssignment: ITLocation: Louisville, KYIn the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.Assignment CapsuleHumana is seeking a Technology Applications Consultant that will develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications and solutions. You will partner with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex business systems that will optimize business outcomes.
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications
- Partner with other business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, data warehouse feeds and printing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field
- Experience with test and deployment automation, software design using UML / Visio, and source control use of TFS and GIT
- Knowledge and experience with cloud deployment
- Practice with TDD and Agile process
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, OO principles and design patterns
- Ability to perform analysis and design, requirements gathering, documentation, programming, testing, system installation and/or conversion.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred
- Accountable for understanding the business needs of the organization and translating those needs into technological systems designs specifications and solutions.
- Ability to work well in a team development setting
- Contribute significantly to systems analysis and design efforts with the responsibility for tasks associated with the initiation, definition, and specification of information systems.
Reporting RelationshipsYou will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.Additional InformationHumana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40