DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Oversees testing and debugging and designs or develops fixes.
Works with team architects, system engineers, scrum masters, business partners and other IT areas to enhance and add to the healthcare billing systems used by Humana, with emphasis on quality, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five+ years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Development and analysis experience in relational databases and the SQL language (preferably for IBM’s DB2)
- Experience in an IBM mainframe environment, COBOL programming, including realtime CICS modules
- Comprehensive understanding of System Development Life Cycle and effective use of design patterns
- Master's Degree
- Experience creating design specifications and reviewing programmer code
- Experience in Eztrieve, IBM mainframe JCL, IBM MQ Series
- Experience in CA Gen (formerly CoolGen) 4GL programming toolset
- Experience with client/server front end programming with CA Gen and/or Microsoft .Net
- Experience in health insurance industry or other industry billing or accounting systems
- Experience in an Agile development methodology
Scheduled Weekly Hours40