The ideal candidate for this Senior Software Engineer role will be an enthusiastic problem-solver who is comfortable taking the lead, making business decisions and formulating creative tactical solutions to business and operational problems, all while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments
- Expected to handle the manual work while figuring out how to automate it
- Deep understanding of each application deployed in Production
- Troubleshooting Production issues and driving creative solutions
- Driving and Documenting Root Cause Analysis of Problems experienced
- Communicating and managing Production support issues with your consumers
- Work with the development team to do bug fixes and make improve the platform reliability
- 7+ years of Development / Support experience on the Data Ingestion (ETL) using BigData technologies
- 3+ years hands-on expertise with SparkSQL - Scala / Java Programming
- 5+ years hands-on expertise with UNIX shell scripts and commands
- Experience working on Dynatrace or similar products tools for production troubleshooting
- Continuous integration experience (for example tools like Jenkins, Anthill Pro)
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise with Clinical Data experience
- 4+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota