DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedures for the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on development practices and procedures. Provides team members guidance on new technologies employed by WTLS. Facilitates the promotion of code into the production environment. As requested, assists Scrum teams in debugging, root cause analysis and developing fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications and solutions. You will partner with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex business systems that will optimize business outcomes
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications
- Partner with other business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including devops activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five+ years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Please add required technologies here:
- .NET, MVC, and Automated Build Processes
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile (Scrum), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Object Oriented Principles, Design Patterns, and Continuous Improvement Processes
- Master's Degree
- Working knowledge of .NET Core, Web API 2 (microservices), Sitecore, GIT, GITHub
- Experience using Helix, Service Oriented Helix Architecture (SOHA), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and DevOps
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, PCF, AWS, etc.).
Scheduled Weekly Hours40