The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace everyday by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Serve as subject matter expert on AWS and systems engineering
- Production Support Experience (24*7, On-call) – Rotational based for critical issues
- Automate creation/security of cloud-based environments
- Implement monitoring /alerting /reporting tools
- Implement continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Database/Webserver/Application support
- 3+ Years - Java, J2EE
- 3+ Years - hands-on experience with UNIX shell scripts and commands
- 3+ Years - web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP
- 1+ Years - OpenShift/AWS/Azure Cloud experience
- Strong documentation habits and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bigdata NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch
- Experience working with Open Source technologies; not just Microsoft-based experience
- Software Development Life Cycle (Agile, SDLC..) processes
- Experience with leveraging Jenkins for the CI/CD pipeline
- Advanced capabilities with a command line interface
- Experience integrating reporting tools such as New Relic, Dynatrace for monitoring app container health and performance
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey, Overland Park, KS, Kansas