Are you passionate about what you do? In this role, you will make a direct impact on improving the healthcare industry and technology. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our UnitedHealthcare team!
The Senior Software Engineer should possess strong integration design and development skills using technologies such as SQL and VBA. We are targeting a self-starter who is looking for an exciting and challenging role in a fast paced environment.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans
- Develop and implement reusable components and encourage innovation
- Maintain and Enhance existing products
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in Software design, architecture and programming
- 2+ years of SQL programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with MS Access VBA
- Intermediate/Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Access and Excel
- SSIS and/or MS SQL Server experience
- Microsoft Excel VBA
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer Position I, Kingston, Albany, NY, New York